Download a pdf version of my resume
Organizational Change Consultant • Program Management
A senior leader with expertise analyzing system, structural, and human interdependencies to achieve exceptional results. Jean combines process and quality improvement skills with social science skills, and using a wide range of engagement methodologies and techniques is able to create sustainable results in complex situations.
------------------------- Core Competencies -------------------------
Organizational Change Consulting
- Problem, context, organizational assessment & consulting
- Change and transition management
- Tailor project goals & processes to context
- Structure engagement, processes, participation, timetable
- Facilitate, co-facilitate with current management
- Leadership competencies required to work across boundaries, and to build healthy, sustainable work teams
- Habits and competencies of systems thinkers
- Appreciative leadership competencie
- Coaching from a systems perspective
- Numerous programs focused on systems thinking and analysis
------------------------- Relevant Experience ------------------------
Consultant / Organizational Change Navigator / Coach / Trainer
- Designed and delivered Systems Thinking component of Hi-Po Leadership Program for global financial institution, including follow-up integration coaching.
- Enabled faster training strategy adoption across 13-hospital healthcare system by planning process redesign & facilitation; overall planning timeframe shortened by 20% by leveraging creative energy and participant engagement across all stakeholder groups.
- Created global IT multi-year staffing strategy for Fortune 50 oil company by leading cross-organizational team through year-long assessment and data collection process, utilizing company & global IT trend factors, ensuring continual IT staffing requirements could be met over long-term.
- Co-managed transformation of stakeholder groups in 22,000-student School District from disparate, disconnected entities into a collaborative and coordinated cross-functional team with shared ownership for 4 quality objectives focused on improving student achievement.
- Developed process to generate new 21st century mobility strategies and sustainability concerns for Fortune 50 automobile company.
- Re-engineered, designed, and facilitated series of strategy development meetings to improve multi-sector engagement and organizational learning across 3 entities, reducing project schedule by 20%, resulting in shared ownership for new Trend Analysis Center, Department of Defense.
- Managed Global Technical Training Function, 18 ppl, $3.5M annual budget, significantly improving training delivery and timeliness, incorporating current state training technologies.
- Created & managed WW leadership & best practice forum for change agents in HP, enabling global spread of best-practices in applying leading-edge social technologies to improve business performance.
- Utilized HP's proprietary Virtual Classroom technology to facilitate Global Annual Strategy Planning Process (for Business IT Executive Team), expediting plan adoption and alignment through leadership ranks in 4 weeks, saving travel costs & time.
- Defined and managed transition from product-focused training to application-focused training for global technical sales organization; transitioned training metrics from participation metrics to impact metrics; incorporated adult learning theory & distance learning technologies
--------------------- Professional Work History --------------------
CREATING CLARITY, LLC 2002-Present
Consulting firm specializing in context-specific solutions, using whole-system engagements that lead to sustainable reengineered processes and organizational learning.
- Specific deliverables noted above.
- Sr Change Management Consultant (Contractor) – IT, SunGuard Health Systems, 2009-10
- Sr Change Management Consultant (Contractor) – ITPMO, Chevron, 2004-05
Technology provider of hardware, software, and services with sales over $118B.
- Senior Management Consultant – Computer Systems Organization, 1999-2002
- Organizational Learning Program Manager – Product Processes Organization, 1993-1999
- Technical Marketing Engineer – Complimentary Products Division, 1992-1993
- Sector Training Manager – Test & Measurement Business Sector, 1986-1992
--------------------- Other Leadership Experience --------------------
|OD Network, Greater Denver Region
|OD Network, San Francisco, CA
||Board of Directors 2004-05
|Bay Area SoL Fractal, San Francisco, CA
||Steward, Founding Member 1997-2009
|Society for Organizational Learning, Boston, MA
||Founding Consultant Member 1997-Present,
Past-Governing Council Member 2000-02
Chair of various Council committees
|Hobiecat Division III
|North America Hobiecat Class Association
--------------- Education & Professional Development --------------
Leading Self and Leading Team Leadership Assessments, Wisdom-Works, Boulder, CO
Coaching from a Systems Perspective Certificate, Society for Organizational Learning,
Dynamic Leadership Facilitator, HP and Conversant Company, Palo Alto, CA
Coaching-In-The-Moment Certificate, Mariposa Leadership, San Francisco, CA
MA in Organizational Systems Program, Saybrook Graduate School, San Francisco, CA
BS Electrical Engineering, Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, CO.
References available upon request.
--------------------Training Programs Designed and Delivered-------------------
(through Creating Clarity LLC)
- Strategy and Systems, 2010. Program designed and delivered to multi-functional teams in Ecuador, as well as members of Young President's Organization Ecuador. Analyze system-wide issues using tools and methods of systems thinking and systems dynamics; create strategy plan to capture highest leverage points and create desired future state.
- Find Clarity in Complexity: create solutions that last and avoid unintended consequences, 2010. Program designed and delivered to multi-functional teams to analyze system-wide issues and find sustainable solutions. Delivered in Fortune 50 company; also open enrollment.
- Thinking Systemically about the Westminster Mall Redevelopment, 2010-11. Program designed, developed, and delivered to the City of Westminster Supervisor Academy participants.
- Building Learning into Organizational Practices, 2009. Program designed to evaluate current learning practices within organizational setting, then build in workable practices that create applied learning and sustainable solutions.
- Dialogue as Strategy to Improve, 2009. Program designed to teach and incorporate practices of dialogue to impact organizational communications, and ultimately strategic decisions.
- Systemic Thinking: making sense of complexity, 2004-2008. Program developed and delivered as part of base requirements in Supervisory Development Program, UC Davis, CA. Consistently rated highest of required programs.
||"Improving Organizational Change Capability through Building the Habits of Systems Thinkers (HOST)," Greater Denver Region OD Network, Denver, CO||
||"The Indirect Approach: Building Cross-Sector Connections at the Crossroads of Socio-Economic Development and Security," and the Hastily-Formed Networks Learning Souk, 3rd SOL Global Forum: Bridging the Gulf, Learning Across Organizations, Sectors, and Cultures, Muscat, Oman
||"Shape-Shifting Questions as a Genesis for Transformation," 2nd SOL Global Forum: A Symphony of Innovation, Vienna, Austria |
||"Appreciative Inquiry: The Power of AI & How it Supports the OL Disciplines," SOL Annual Meeting: Leading in Action-- Creating New Knowledge for Fundamental Innovation, Cambridge, MA
||"HP's IT Reinvention: the Human Implications" and "HR and e-Services," Examining Contemporary Issues in Leading Organizations, HR Best Practices Conference, Graduate School of Management, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia|
||"Assessing the Impact of Systems Thinking Development on Organizational Performance," SOL Annual Conference, Ogunquit, ME|
||Organizational Learning Panel of Practitioners, Practical Applications for Using Systems Thinking Conference, Linkage Inc., Lexington, MA|
||Advanced Systems Thinking Practitioner Track Facilitator, Systems Thinking in Action Conference, San Diego, CA|
||Learning Organization Panel, International Automotive Conference, hosted by Visteon Automotive Systems, Detroit, MI|
||"Walk Thru Time," SOL Annual Conference, Monterrey, CA|
||"Building Systems Thinking Competency in HP," Society for Organizational Learning (SOL) Inaugural Annual Conference, Boston, MA|